Autogenic training is a form of relaxation that can be easily learned and performed almost anywhere. Everyone is able to influence themselves. Autogenic training aims to relax on their own internally to influence muscles, circulatory and vegetative nervous system.
Autogenic training allows access to its own body. It teaches to feel what is going on in the body and how it manages to evoke pleasant sensations. Using exercises are generated in individual body regions feelings like heaviness, warmth or coolness, reaching voluntary control of bodily functions.
Application – the benefits achieved by Autogenic training?
Scientific studies have shown that between 30 and 60 percent of the population suffer from autonomic nervous system or nervous disorders, such as fatigue, insomnia, poor concentration, irritability, anxiety, headaches or stomach discomfort. These symptoms are often caused by problems of various kinds: family and work stress, but also environmental factors or social pressure.
By means of autogenic training, you learn to intervene in this process. The individual exercises make it possible to counteract the tension in the body and normalize body functions again. However, this technique does not help to solve the real problem encountered by the ultimate physical and mental changes. But the relaxation creates distance and inner peace, the easier to deal with problem situations.
Indication – for whom is Autogenic training?
In principle, everyone can practice this relaxation technique for general health care. People, who suffer from symptoms that are caused by stress or physical exertion, can thus experience relief. Also for children is Autogenic training suitable, for example, lack of concentration, restlessness, defiance, learning difficulties or stuttering.
It is important to have a priori a positive attitude to autogenic training. It is helpful to set goals and to question – what I want to achieve? I would like to get a grip on my sleep or I will increase my ability to concentrate?
Autogenic training can, in principle, any appropriate self-study. Numerous books and audiovisual media provide instructions on how to learn this technique. It is recommended to take a class, which is performed by a physician, psychologist or another expert must. This will be the beginning of the results and processes controlled in order to achieve the maximum benefit for the future. Moreover, there is the exchange of bodily sensations and experiences with other trainees.
Frequency of performing
Autogenic training is divided into training and an application phase. In the training phase, the exercises should be learned and internalized. It is recommended to exercise at least three times a day, two to ten minutes. This is in any situation where you have to concentrate on anything else, feasible. But is necessary practice and patience – Relaxation cannot be forced.
Specific exercise postures are recommended because they guarantee a priori optimal muscle and vascular relaxation: lean on the seats with upright posture, legs perpendicular to each other, feet slightly apart, keep arms loosely on the thighs, head relaxed fall forward or optional backward stable. Another starting position is flat on the back with loosely resting next to the body arms. In the application, phase can in each posture in which you feel comfortable, the exercises are performed.
In order to achieve relaxation, the practitioner introduces intense physical and emotional states. For this purpose, certain formulas are used, it is teleprompter. The following exercises are performed in autogenic training.
Exercises localization formula (example) effect
- Severe muscle relaxation to triggers a feeling of heaviness in the limbs of the right / left arm is quite difficult. Supports the promotion of sleep, relieves muscle tension, restlessness and anxiety decrease, migraine improves
- Thermal relaxation of the blood vessels, the right arm is warm. Helpful in circulatory disorders such as cold hands and feet, increase concentration, inner peace and relaxation
- Demonstrate an awareness of breathing and optimization of breathing. Relaxation, emergency measure for asthma attacks.
- Heart Positive Influence of cardiac function. The heart beats calmly and regularly. It is also helpful for cardiovascular disorders, low or high blood pressure, palpitations.
- Solar plexus stimulating circulation and nerve activity in the gastro-intestinal tract, the solar plexus is calm and flowing warm. Helpful in disorders and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, relaxing with labor pains and menstrual cramps
- Head affecting the blood vessels in the head by a cooling temperature feel elicits. Helpful with a red face, fatigue, lack of concentration, headache relief
Lasting improvement of well-being
Who performs continuously autogenic training, will feel a general relaxation after a short time? Peace and serenity are aware of applicable and otherwise involuntary body functions are controllable, mental and physical performance enhancements can be achieved.
For many people is also important: Some pain may be alleviated without medical assistance. Who controls autogenic training, has thus created a possibility to immediately help themselves in stressful situations.