UEFA capacity: 67,000
User: Olympique de Marseille
Opened: June 1937
• Known open to the elements in the past, the renovation of the stadium will have a roof, is expected to be completed by mid-2014. An overhaul of the stadium valued at 267 million euros was done with Olympique de Marseille can still play there.
• As the name suggests, the Stade Vélodrome has a track cycling when it first opened in 1937, the opening ceremony was marked by a football match between Marseille and Italy clubs, Torino FC.
• The stadium also hosts a variety of sports events such as athletics, rugby, boxing, tennis, hockey and even though the history of motorsport, as an all-purpose arena ended when the bicycle track was finally removed in 1985.
• Stade Vélodrome matches in the 1938 and 1998 FIFA World Cup, with a capacity increase to 60,000 against last tournament. The stadium also hosted matches at the EURO 1960 and 1984.
• Located in the South of the city, on the North Bank of the river Huveaune, Vélodrome is routinely used as a concert venue since the 1980s and is also becoming a venue for political activities.
• At EURO 2016 will hold 4 matches of the group stage, 1 quarter-final match, and 1 Semi final match.