Indigestion And Natural Remedies – Indigestion or dyspepsia in a scientific way is a violation of the digestive processes. This condition implies a symptom that develops in functional and organic disorders of the gastrointestinal tract.
The main symptoms of indigestion include:
- Discomfort or pain in the stomach. In this case, the discomfort is unpleasant, not a pain, but having different shades. Prompt satisfaction of hunger. Under this condition refers to a feeling of satiety that occurs after receiving a small amount of food that cannot eat until the end of the usual portion of food.
- Heartburn / regurgitation / nausea
- Bloating associated with excessive flatulence.
The above-described manifestations can be caused by eating food, physical activity, but may also occur independently. Furthermore, they do not affect the state of the large intestine.
Causes of indigestion may be different:
- Hasty meal. It does not manage to be liberated food juices. The food is not bad to chew and mixed with saliva enzymes.
- Acceptance of certain products. The use of certain beverages. They contain sugar and carbon dioxide affect the development of abdominal distention. Caffeine and alcohol contribute to the acidity in the stomach irritation of inflamed areas and stimulate the production of stress hormones.
- Physical exercise immediately after a meal. This facilitates the movement of blood from the digestive tract to the muscles.
- Stressful situations. Violate the digestion, as related to the allocation of redistributing the bloodstream from the digestive organs to muscle tissue hormones. In addition, adverse experiences promote ingestion of air during a meal.
- Use of non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Organic dyspepsia may be associated with underlying medical conditions such as peptic ulcer, pancreatitis, cholecystitis, cholelithiasis, tumors of the stomach / pancreas. Caused by any disease organic form of indigestion is different from the functional form of the seasonal presence of pain, of pain at night, frequent heartburn, weight loss, identification of pathology in the diagnostic process.
Prevention of indigestion
It is known that any disease can be prevented. And to make it much easier for its initial stages, , when the first symptoms appear. The same applies to indigestion. The digestive system of each of us works differently. There are people with “weak” stomach, instantly responsive to receiving defective or incompatible food. And there are those who are able to eat herring and drink milk, and then do not feel anything. However, there are general rules, observing that anyone will protect himself from digestive disorders, or at least reduce their severity.
The first rule is known to many athletes – do not give the body a complex load immediately after a meal. It is better to wait for at least 1.5-2 hours. And after active employment is not recommended to eat immediately. You should wait at least half an hour to the body to rebuild and earned normally.
The second rule is known to many of us since childhood. Most likely, the parents repeat to you at the table, while eating do not rush. The meaning of this rule is simple – the gastric juice during meals is released gradually. So if one eats in a hurry and swallows the food quickly, then eaten foods just do not have time to digest.
Prohibition applies to the following co-administration of fat and sweet. Many notice that after eating fatty foods they want sweet. But a combination of glucose and fats are very bad for the digestive cells. Received together in the stomach incompatible substances cannot be absorbed properly.
The fourth rule – is a universal principle for everyone, once again emphasizes our individuality. Observe yourself. This is the easiest way to identify harmful products that are rejected by the body. Exclude them from the diet. If you walk into a group of people with a weak stomach, you should be aware of the general and harmful to all members of this type of food and beverages. This is all kinds of carbonated water containing carbon dioxide, and coffee causes an increase in the secretion of gastric juice. Also for good prevention of indigestion are various herbs (advised to take them as broth and teas), some spices (such as cumin, which can be chewed before meals), herbs and fruit (also desirable to eat up to receive basic food). And of course, alcohol and smoking do not contribute to the good work of the stomach. The conclusion from the above is simple: the best way not to get indigestion – timely and properly organized food.
Inflammation of the stomach, flatulence, dyspepsia- Traditional methods of treatment
It is recommended to eat one apple 2-3 times a day with inflammatory diseases of the stomach and intestines to improve digestion and metabolism normalization.
2-3 tbsp. of honey a day with tea, milk, carrot juice, with boiled water are useful as a general tonic, normalizes the activity of the whole body, and especially of the digestive system, respiratory system.
Pumpkin is used in inflammatory bowel disease, colitis with inadequate bowel movement.
Salad of young dandelion leaves is useful in diseases of the digestive tract. Pre-put leaves on the half hour in salt water, then wash (not bitter), finely chopped, add salt, vinegar and a few drops of lemon and vegetable oil.
In diseases of the gastrointestinal tract is recommended as an aid to take 1/3 cup 2 times a day, the juice of fresh cucumber.
Freshly prepared juice from black currant recommended drinking 0.5 cups 2-3 times a day for chronic diseases of the stomach, especially with low acidity.
Freshly prepared melon juice is recommended to drink 1 glass 2-3 times a day to improve digestion, with hemorrhoids.